The Ultimate Chocolate Crispy Cake Recipe
So Easter may have come and gone but that’s no excuse not to carry on making and eating chocolate crispy cakes! We’ve created the ultimate moist, chocolatey recipe which takes hardly any time at all to make and even less time to gobble down.
No cooking is required so this is super easy for everyone in the family to make!
Chocolate Crispy Cake Recipe
1/4-1/3 pack of Coco Pops (feel free to substitute this for rice crispies, cornflakes or something slightly healthier if you fancy. We can’t guarantee the amazingness without Coco Pops though!)
75 grams Butter
3 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
135 grams Bourneville Chocolate (sub for Plain Chocolate for a darker taste or milk for an extra sweet taste)
What else you’ll need:
Nice patterned paper cake cases
1.Melt the chocolate in a Bain-Marie or microwave, making sure to stir often so it doesn’t burn
2. Meanwhile melt the butter in a different pan
3. Take the butter off the heat then add the Coco Pops, Golden Syrup and melted chocolate
4. Mix it all up thoroughly so each pop has a good coating of the mixture. If it’s really liquid-y you can always add a few more cocopops. You want a fairly good coating on each though so they’re nice and moist!
5. Lay out your cake cases on a tray, plate or whatever you can store in the fridge best
6. Using two spoons scoop up a couple of spoonfuls of mixture and place carefully into each cake case. Fill each case as much or as little as you want, just make sure they don’t overflow
7. Now place the cakes in the fridge for a couple of hours
8. And BAM! You have the most delicious desserts on the planet!
Feel free to decorate them with mini eggs, marshmallows or whatever. We think they’re sweet enough on their own though!